Re: Changing the block size

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_ibsgmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:16:22 +0000

Zachary Agatstein wrote:

> I tried to increase the database block size from 2k to 4k, by changing a
> parameter in initxxxx.ora file, and rebooting the system. The database,
> however, has been populated. It gave me an error and prevented from
> mounting an instance. Is there a way to do it?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Zach A.

Oups ! I have tried this once and the database crashed permanently. I had to install a backup. (With some data loss of course ;-). The only way to do this is :

Export the database. Recreate a new instance with the new BlockSize and reimport the data.

Michael Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 11:16:22 CST