Fail to create Service on NT4 during install of 8.0.4

From: Dan McIntyre <mcintyre_at_pclink.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1999 02:24:12 GMT

Hello,

   I am really stuck with trying to install Oracle 8.0.4 on NT4 to temporarily coexist with Personal Oracle 7.3.2. During installation I get an access violation when ORADIM80 tries to create the NT service for ORC1. Trying ORADIM80 at the command line gives the same error. The installation did install 8.0.4 server and create a starter database because I can access the database with server manager. Without a NT service, however, I am unable to make connections.
  I am installing 8.0.4 as ORC1 in a new ORACLE_HOME directory. I shut down the 7.3.2 services and TNS service during the installation. I am logged in as administrator and confirmed full administrators and SYSTEM permissions on the two ORACLE_HOME directories. The NET8 services were created as well as the oracleORC1start service, but no oracleORC1 service.

   I have been struggling with this over the course of two weeks so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan McIntyre

mcintyre_at_cs.umn.edu Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 20:24:12 CST