SNP PROCESSES!!! HELP NEEDED!!!!!

From: <naveen_arora_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 06:51:46 GMT

hi ,

I have observed cpu-time=0 twice on my unix machine running ORACLE 7.3.2, dbshut/dbstart solves the problem, but i am not able to get to any conclusion.

The SNP0,SNP1,SNP2,SNP3 are eating away all CPU.(all user process are eating time, with small io and system process)

the oracle server (on unix) is in multi-master configuraton with 2 others(on NT), refresh interval is 1 minute, no of job_process=4, the shared memory is 40MB, job_queu_interval is 10 sec, the no of updates i think are not large.

TRACE FILE SHOWS :

WHEREAS ALL REMOTE OBJECTS ARE PRESENT and LINKS ARE ACTIVE.

thanks for any help.
naveen

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Thu Dec 31 1998 - 00:51:46 CST