Re: Oracle 7.3.3 Installation Problem

From: Geoffrey Hui <geoffreyh_at_fujitsu.com.hk>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:27:55 +0800

Hello,

First you may want to ensure that the TNS_ADMIN variable has been defined, it should be the directory where listener.ora and tnsnames.ora resides. In your case it is $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin.

Then go to the TNS_ADMIN directory, if there's no listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, create them yourself. Use the Windows tools called "Network Manager" (something like that) if you like, but usually most people will manually edit them by using the samples provided.

Hope these help.

cheers,
geoffrey