Oracle 7.3.3 Installation Problem

From: Em Pradhan <empradhan_at_dplus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:26:30 -0500

Hi

    Help me!! Help me!!

    I installed oracle 7.3.3 in IBM RS6000 box and every thing went well. There is no
installation errors. But when I tried to start listener it could not start listener.
I checked the listener.ora as well as tnsnames.ora file in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin where those files supposed to be , but those

files were missing in that directory.

    At this moment I have no clue where I messed up in installation. One thing , which I am
guessing that I forgot to insert a row in /etc/services for reserving the port for listenter

       which is
            listener         1521/tcp

    Thank you in advance..

Pradhan Received on Tue Dec 29 1998 - 16:26:30 CST