Re: jdbc cursors

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:00:08 GMT

On Sat, 26 Dec 1998 14:29:59 -0500, "Ed Zappulla" <zap_at_injersey.com> wrote:

>Hi, I'm using the oracle 8.0.4 JDBC drivers and have a loop which invokes a
>method to insert a row. The insert method creates a prepared statement and
>executes the update.
>
>I'm getting a SQLException from the Oracle driver indicating that the max
>cursors have been reached. It seems each execute is allocaing a new cursor.
>I'm done with the statement after each insert.
>
>How do I clean up the cursors?

If you are simply issuing "ResultSet.close(), this will terminate the statement but does not close the statement (i.e., it will drop all rows that have not been fetched yet).

Make sure you are issuing "Statement.close()", which should drop the cursor.

>...ed

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Dec 28 1998 - 08:00:08 CST