Re: Want to remove strange tables EVT_, SMP_

From: <toneczar_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:53:38 GMT

jmodic_at_src.si (Jurij Modic) wrote:

>Hi Chris
>
> The only thing I woul add to your script are some huge prompts at the
> begining of the spooled file with the warning to the user to check
> each and every name of the tables listed in the drop-it file and with
> the instructions how to terminate its execution (Ctrl-C or similar)
> before it actualy drop any very important table that happen to have
> its name start with "EVT" or "SM" but does not actualy belong to OEM
> repository! IMHO the chances this to happen ar realy not so
> neglectable.

You're right about that. I should have qualified that this script I use only with a certain application and I know that there are no table names (it was a quickie). A generic one would definitely need those safeguards!

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- toneczar_at_erols.com
http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html City of Washington Pipe Band