Re: escape character???

From: Paul de Anguera <nospam_at_quidnunc.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 20:08:16 GMT

In article <7638ea$6i7$1_at_nuscc.nus.edu.sg>, scip6125_at_leonis.nus.edu.sg (Zhao Fu) wrote: ..
>In SQL*PLUS, I set the escape character to '\', ...
I'll bet the real answer to this question will be quite fascinating. What I can contribute is that if you run your script more than once in the same sql*plus session, the SET ESCAPE command will fail becuase the escape character it defines is already the escape character. I've gotten around this with a pair of commands:

SET ESCAPE '?'
SET ESCAPE '~'

Paul de Anguera | "You can't write a chord ugly enough to say
Reply to:       | what you want to say sometimes, so you have to
deanguer@       | rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."
quidnunc.net    | - Frank Zappa