Re: 8.0.4 Distributed database option

From: Michael Dimitriadis <michael.dimitriadis_at_infonova.at>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:27:39 +0100

Hi,

I remember that there was a bug in 8.0.4 (Bug Nr. 647312) Follow these steps after you have shutdown your database :

cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
ar d libknlopt.a ksnktd.o ksnkkz.o
ar cr libknlopt.a ktd.o kkzo.o
make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle

After i installed one of the patchsets for AIX the bug vanished anyway. My latest patchset was 8.0.4.2.2 but now i am on 8.0.5 anyway.

Hope this helps,
Michael Dimitriadis