Re: Oracle 8.x (server backup)

From: MotoX <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:48:41 GMT

Look in the docs. Read them *well*. And *test*.

You can do older Oracle7 style 'hot' backups or server-process based hot backups with RMAN. If you want RMAN to write directly to tape, you'll need to use a supported Media Manager (RMAN ships with a cut-down version of Legato, but check for RMAN support if you already have a backup product.)

MotoX.