Re: questions about system tablespace

From: Robert Hart <rhart_at_gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:12:44 -0700

Eric Junkermann wrote in message <36758dba.10862888_at_news.demon.co.uk>...

>Good Grief!
>
>You should not be putting tables for any application in the system
>tablespace, especially one whose growth is essentially unpredictable.
>Designer has lots of stored code, which of course goes into the system
>tablespace, but the install guide makes specific recommendations about
>this. Putting any application data in SYSTEM is almost a guarantee of
>future problems.
>
>Regards,
>

>Eric.

OK

I agree with you on never putting application data in the system tablespace. There is also the one about a default tablespace and a temp tablespace.....

BUT I seem to recall that when I worked with some of the oracle products I was advised to create a product tablespace for product tables, etc.

I still follow that practice. Is there some new trick that requires you to put product tables in the system tablespace or are you talking about package, procedure, function code that is stored there?

Robert Hart Received on Mon Dec 21 1998 - 13:12:44 CST