Re: questions about system tablespace

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:33:47 GMT

On Tue, 08 Dec 1998 15:12:07 -0800, Dan Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>> I sized the system tablespace based on the number of
>> DBMS packages I installed in the instance. It can range from
>> 15MB to 80MB.
>
>I normally start sizing a system tablespace at 200MB as that is where I often
>put repositories for tools such as Designer/2000.
>
>Dan Morgan

Good Grief!

You should not be putting tables for any application in the system tablespace, especially one whose growth is essentially unpredictable. Designer has lots of stored code, which of course goes into the system tablespace, but the install guide makes specific recommendations about this. Putting any application data in SYSTEM is almost a guarantee of future problems.

Regards,

Eric. Received on Sat Dec 19 1998 - 12:33:47 CST