Re: gif in oracle database/web server

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:33:08 GMT

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:58:55 GMT, tejasb_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 and Oracle Database Server 7.3.3.
>The application is a simple application where I do database operations and
>display entry screens with html on a given browser.
>
>What I want to do now is grab some data from the database, create a graph (
>maybe gif .. can I use any other formats ?? .. I want it to look good .. read
>colorful :-) ) and display on the browser.
>
>Any ideas how I can go about it. One method I thought was to write a PRO*C
>program which grabs data from the database and use 'gd' libraries to display
>the graphs.
>
>Are there any other ways to do this ?? Would Report Writer generate gif
>reports ? Are there any ways to this within the Oracle product Suite without
>using libraries like 'gd' and/or without using PRO*C.
>
>I am comparatively new to this stuff so all/any ideas/details are welcome.

On http://govt.us.oracle.com there is a pl/sql package that will draw simple bar charts based on a sql query. It is found in the downloadable utilities section. Check it out, it might solve most of your problems.

chris.

>Thanks.
>
>Tejas.

Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation
clbeck_at_us.oracle.com
Reston, VA.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Dec 21 1998 - 08:33:08 CST