Listener through firewall

From: Ezio Paglia <ezio_at_comune.grosseto.it>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:15:53 GMT

Dear dba's and installers,

Everything went well when we had a simple net, a database for each node and the internet machine on the same net. Now we have a firewall, the Internet Machine with WWW Server and Database Oracle on Internet, our Municipality Databases inside.

In our configuration, from the Internet Server there is perfect mapping of the IP addresses though the PIX Firewall, but TNSNAMES does not work well.

In particular TNSPING works, but connections through slqplus user/<sid> (where sid is one of our db's) do not.

Why ? Is it a problem of sqlnet ? But the translation of the addresses should be transparent to sqlnet.

Thank you in advance.

Ezio PAGLIA
GROSSETO Municipality Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 09:15:53 CST