Problems with sqlnet through a firewall

From: Ezio Paglia <ezio_at_comune.grosseto.it>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:16:40 GMT

Dear dba's ,

everything went ok when all our servers were on Internet. Now, after the installation of a firewall we have a problem.

Our firewall well filters and changes IP addresses. We have a WWW oracle server on Internet and several oracle database in our IntraNet.

TNSPING works, but the connections to the IP's specified in TNSNAMES.ORA do not work.

This problem arise from Internet to Intranet db's.

In the opposite direction there is another problem. Our Internet Server has 2 IP addresses, but any attempt to configure 2 dispatcher, one for each tcp number, fails. Why ?

Thank you in advance.
Ezio PAGLIA
Comune di Grosseto Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 09:16:40 CST