Re: Oracle 7.3.2.3 for HP-UX 10.20

From: Christian Schroeder <Christian.Schroeder_at_adicom.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:23:20 +0100

Check for the Booklet 'Install Oracle Server'. ist must be included in your Oracle - Package.

I installed several Oracle DB's on different machines(HP/AIX/NT). The Booklet seem's always to be true.
The Machine is already at Customers side so i cant lookup. But it mentioned editing '/etc/pfs_tab', starting 'pfs_mountd', 'pfsd' and 'pfsmount'.
Unfortunatly, i can't remember the Parameters for '/etc/pfstab'. If you mount the CD manualy, are youre Filenames ALL in Capitals (bad)? If yes, you must check for the correct mount options. If not, on the CD switch to Directory 'orainst'. Start the File 'orainst', this is the regular Installer.

You should look for the booklet anyway, because there are many important things to do.

(My last Informix Installation didn't mention how to Install from CD, the booklet was for Win NT !).

Christian
--
"I think of usenet like Central park,
 its designed for everyone, including the idiots." <NightRider> Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 09:23:20 CST