Re: Oracle 7.3.4 - NT server 4 Install TIPS & tuning anywhere ?

From: <nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:33:33 GMT

Pierre:

Unless you have few users, a small DB and a crappy HP UX box, I think in six months you'll be wishing for the HP box again.

Connections on NT for Oracle 7.x seem to be limited to around 1,300 simultaneous connections.

The listeners are single threaded, so connect times will suck if you have multiple simultaneous connections. You can create more listeners but you have to give users different TNSNAMES.ORA files because client load balancing doesn't work in this environment.

On a similar 4 Pentium Pro, 200 Mhz machine connection times are a little better than 1/second/listener.

Regards,

Nigel