Re: How to change a table's Initial Extent ?

From: Daniel Ady Surya <Daniel.Surya_at_mincom.co.id>
Date: 15 Dec 1998 10:04:28 GMT

Leung Chi Wah,
Hi...Yes, you can use method 1 as well as method 2. I usually use method 1 to change initial extents or to reduce current extents. Before I drop the table, I generate a SQL script to rebuild constraints and indexes and recalculate initial extent and next extent. In Oracle database, every table, constraint, index, column, etc, is recorded in data dictionary. So you can build a SQL script to rebuild tables or indexes or constraints. If you want to know in detail how to administer database, you can read the book : "ORACLE 7.0 Administration & Management, Wiley-Qed Enterprise Computing, Michael R. Ault"

I hope this will help you.
Regards,
Daniel AS Received on Tue Dec 15 1998 - 04:04:28 CST