How to change a table's Initial Extent ?

From: LEUNG CHI WAH <tonylcw_at_topaz.hknet.com>
Date: 15 Dec 98 03:34:39 GMT

hello,

I have a table with a small initial extents and next extents In the past, the data growth is not very fast, so the parameter setting is quit satisfied.
But in these few months , the data growth suddenly increase , it caught up many next extents.
So we decide the change the parameter setting to meet the current situation.
What is the best method to make this change?

Are these methods workable?Which one is better?

Method 1

  1. export the table
  2. drop the table
  3. create the table with new storage parameter 4 load the data in

Method 2

  1. create a new_table as select * from the old_table (new default storage parameter)
  2. drop the old_table
  3. rename the new_table to old_table

Futhermore , what should I remember before I drop the table? What will be impacted if I drop the table (eg trigger, integrity Constraints, .... anything else?)

Thanks a lot

Tony Received on Mon Dec 14 1998 - 21:34:39 CST