PassJack98, log into any Oracle account easily.

From: Ron Denham <MyEmail=ronnied_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:54:54 -0500

I have just created a utility for Oracle Databases that allows anyone with a *valid* DBA privs to change any user's password temporarily and set it back to the original value.

You can download a copy of this freeware utility from:

    http://www.mindspring.com/~ronnied/passjack98.exe

It uses the simple 'alter user xxxxx identified by values 'J4K5K4J5KJ4'' technique of putting someone's password back in place.

I would love for some folks to try out the simple PassJack98 package as freeware. the passjack98.exe is a self-extracting zip file with installation instructions.

I find it very handy for administering package systems like PeopleSoft so I don't have to remember all of the passwords of accounts with lots of database objects.

Please send any comments/bugs back to me at ronnied_at_mindspring.com. If you don't mind, just drop me an e-mail and let me know if you like it.