Re: Automating NT Backup with archivelog on (hot)

From: Peter Kellner <Peter_at_Kellner.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 02:13:58 GMT

Doesn't the net stop OracleServiceSID, etc, do the same as a "shutdown abort". If so, does that guarantee the database will be able to be started up again without database recovery? I thought that it did not. That the only guarantee was after doing a "shutdown immediate" or "shutdown".

Please let me know. This is very important to me.