Re: Character set changes on export

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 07:35:16 +0100

Hi Jan,

Your unix user doesn't have the NLS_LANG environment variable set. In that case NLS_LANG will default to AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII. You need to make sure you explicitly set NLS_LANG in your login scripts to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1, and the database will be exported correctly.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA