distributed query - join problem

From: Bart PATTYN <Bart.Pattyn_at_remove.nospam.tvd.be>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 13:05:18 +0100

I have a problem with querying a remote table. This is quite a large (1M records, 300MB) table with a 4 column (1 number, 3 varchars) primary key.

I want to fetch into a local copy only those records whose PK's I have stored in a local look-up table (about 15.000). The problem is, when joining the two
tables, Oracle decides to send over the big table from the other side, eating bandwith and failing on temp tablespace. So I currently fetch them
one-by-one trough a LOOP'ed cursor on my lookup-table, but then of course
I generate more network overhead than I actually collect data. I'm sure I'm overlooking a simpler and more performant way to do this. Both DB's are 7.3.x.

Thnx for any input. Received on Wed Dec 09 1998 - 06:05:18 CST