Re: Oracle Block Size and Solaris 2.6

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 21:24:29 GMT

Can you please tell me where you got this information that Oracle Now recommends 8-16k block sizes for most things? If it is from your Instructor, please give me his name and work phone number or e-mail address.

Just curious...not attacking your post at all. My Documentation "Oracle for Sun Performance Tuning Tips" (Part No. A25584-1) says on page 17: "We recommend a smaller Oracle database blocksizes (2k or 4k) for OLTP or mixed workload enviroments, and larger blocksizes (8k) for DSS type workloads."

Thanks,
Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin