Re: Oracle Block Size and Solaris 2.6

From: Stephen Harris <sweh_at_mpn.com>
Date: 6 Dec 1998 15:14:23 GMT

Oracle used to recommend 2Kb for most stuff, and 16Kb for warehousing, but now they have changed their recommondation and say 8-16K is good for most things, wirth 32K or above for data warehousing.

Block sizes are little to do with the data size itself, since oracle can store more than one row per data-block if required.

Or so I was told on my DBA course earlier this year :-)

Rgds
Stephen Received on Sun Dec 06 1998 - 09:14:23 CST