Re: help! trouble configuring Listener on linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 22:55:43 +0100

Hi Matthias,

The listener is smart enough to discover this is a local connection and doesn't use the tcp protocol, but the ipc protocol instead. The IPC protocol is directly communicating with the sga, somehow your client doesn't have privilege to work with the sga. The protection of $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/sgamnct1.dbf probably is wrong. I don't know all the correct chmod settings from the top of my head, but that's the direction to delve into.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA