Re: help! trouble configuring Listener on linux

From: Matthias Süncksen <msuencks_at_marcant.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 20:17:11 +0100

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> The listener is smart enough to discover this is a local connection and
> doesn't use the tcp protocol, but the ipc protocol instead. The IPC
> protocol is directly communicating with the sga, somehow your client
> doesn't have privilege to work with the sga. The protection of
> $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/sgamnct1.dbf probably is wrong. I don't know all the
> correct chmod settings from the top of my head, but that's the direction
> to delve into.

hi,

thanks for this suggestion. I checked that but it seems not be the problem, sgamcnt1.dbf is of "oracle.dba" ownership. The listener runs as user "oracle".

also the problem persists when I connect from a remote machine (ORACLE not available).

matthias

--
Out-of-order Execution

        (Feature von modernen Microprozessoren) Received on Fri Dec 04 1998 - 13:17:11 CST