Re: Trouble locating current SQL in v$sqlarea for a session

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 20:56:34 GMT

If you look at the 'indexed X$ columns' view, I think you will find that there is a pseudo-index on the hash-value of v$sqlarea, but not on the address column. This would affect the performance if the Shared pool is large.

PS 'Indexed' x$ columns appeared fairly late, ca. 7.3

Andrew Protasov <oracle_at_protasov.kiev.ua> wrote in article <AG6BdOsK42_at_protasov.kiev.ua>...