Networking with Personal Oracle

From: <bdickey_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:51:20 GMT

How do you use SQL*Net 2.2 with Personal Oracle on a standalone computer? I'm trying to establish a connect string to a reporting tool called Business Objects, and I need to have SQL*Net running. But when I try to connect, I get a message that indicates that SQL*Net 2 is not active. Do I need to create a host file with a TCP/IP address like localhost 127.0.0.1? Thanks for your help.