How much memory does it take for a remote connection

From: dbnerd <dbnerd_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:38:26 -0500

Can someone tell me just how much memory does it consume for each remote connection to a UNIX server? I am using IBM AIX4.1, Oracle Server 7.3.2, dedicated server process, SQL*NET 2.3.

I have 2G real memory and 2.5 G virtual memory on my UNIX box. 7 production SIDs and total 900M SGA. Base on the ps comment in UNIX it shows each remote connection(process) takes about 5M memory. Am I reading this incorrectly? I am just not convinced that each connection takes 5M memory.

How about PGA size for each session. I can find the PGA size from data dictionary for each session. It average 150K each. Should this be the correct memory size count instead of using ps commend?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Received on Tue Nov 24 1998 - 20:38:26 CST