redo log files

From: David Nguyen <david.nguyen_at_tonystone.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:25:51 -0800

Hello,
The DBA before me installed oracle 7.3 on NT and placed the online redo log files on the same disk where the data files resides. I would like to move this to another drive. Is the correct procedure to:

1. shutdown my instance
2. move the log files and rename the file using alter database
3. restart my instance

Also, how would I find out what tablespace the redo log files are placed in? I checked the dba_data_files and it is not there. Thanks,
Dave

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****- http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 10:25:51 CST