Re: can't shutdown oracle server using enterprise manager

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:07:27 +0100

Hi Pedro,

Check the init<sid>.ora parameter remote_password_file. This should be set to exclusive. Otherwise the sysdba and sysoper privileges will not be recognised.

You should have a passwordfile defined. You can verify which users are in the passwordfile by select * from v$pwd_file_users (there may be more or less _ in the tablename).

The password file usually is defined using the orapwd utility. On NT the Oracle Instance Manager is also capable of creating a password file.

BTW: connect internal should work always in svrmgr. If that also doesn't work, there is a registrykey in the Oracle subtree (don't remember exactly which one) which should be set to BYPASS. The Oracle docs will have details about this

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA