Re: Oracle DBA

From: Frenchy461 <frenchy461_at_aol.com>
Date: 16 Nov 1998 00:54:06 GMT

Before Reading these books and creating a mess in the next few months, get yourself a good Senior DBA on contract. Ask him for what standards he uses to create the physical architecture. If you like me to evaluate him, let me know I will help you with as much as I can. I would hate for you to read one or two books and create yourself a big mess and then need to fix it as much as I have fix and in the process of fixing. I have seen so many Contract DBAs that proclaim being good at what they do, but have no set standards on creating the architecture needed to support and allow a DBA to come in after them with little effort to understand your environment.

Sorry, If the message was long. Feel free to email me. I get a lot of email, therefore please wrap your message with "****** <SUBJECT> ******".

 Good Luck.

One question to ask, < Does this contract DBA use OFA standards(Oracle Flexible Architecture), if not, drop him. Received on Sun Nov 15 1998 - 18:54:06 CST