Re: svrmgrl on Linux

From: AJG <noemail_at_noemail.noemail>
Date: 15 Nov 1998 01:53:39 GMT

Steve Haynes wrote:

> In article <36492DE8.B8B9D333_at_ix.netcom.com>, Rusty Collins
> <ercollin_at_ix.netcom.com> writes
> >Not sure if Linux contains the stty command as in UNIX, but you might
> >try the following:
> >
> >stty erase "^H"
> >
> >In UNIX this will make your destructive backspace equal to the control-H
> >key combination.
> >
> >Hope that helps!
> >
> Thanks for the response, but you didn't
> read the posting carefully.... Its fine in the shell.
> It just turns into DEL in sqlplus and svrmgrl - no
> stty settings are changed.
> Steve
> --
> Please remove nospam from my address to Reply.

I believe that Rusty is correct, as I have seen and handled this before.

The exact keypress sequence is
$ stty erase {ctrl-v} backspace

{ctrl-v} = Insert Special Character, which you have to do in order for the backspace to emit it's special character (^H) instead of just backspacing.

Yes, it originally worked from the shell. This also makes it work in the app (svrmgrl).

Good luck.

Alan.

--
Alan Gano