Capacity planning

From: Art S. Kagel <kagel_at_bloomberg.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:44:36 -0500

I am trying to determine costing for users for a database service. To do so I have to determine approximate per user value of the hardware depreciation. So my question is:

Approximately how many concurrent users of Oracle 8 can I expect to serve with reasonable response times on a Pentium II 300MHZ system running Unix? The query mix is primarily simple queries and simple joins of two tables.

Can anyone provide experience based help to me? Please also email any reply since my news server often misses posts.

Art S. Kagel Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 13:44:36 CST