NT 804 Installation Issue JAVA.EXE error

From: <ozaem_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:24:26 +1100

I have had two occurrences of installing on NT Servers when I get an error trying to run applications that use the JAVA.EXE program - the good old Dr. Watson steps in....

The first installation also had problems doing a 'standard (Server)' installation - and I actually had to completely uninstall all Oracle components and then install only components that I specifically needed.

In both cases, an attempt to run 'SQL Net Easy Config' caused the JAVA.EXE error. On the second installation, I actually tried to use the 'Net8 Assistant', and this also caused the error.

For both clients I was able to do everything else that was required using other knowledge, skills and experience, but I was not able, (time permitting) to determine the actual cause of the problem and therefore, I still need to know how to fix it. I have not yet called Oracle support on this issue, but I have tried to search there 'support' pages on the metals site with no success.

Andrew McGlashan AACS IT Consultant
Email: andrewm_at_LT.com.au

Mobile: 0416 11 33 69 (+61416113369 international) Send an SMS (short message service) to my phone using: http://www.mtn.co.za/sms/secure/normal.html

Logical Technologies      URL: http://www.LT.com.au

Phone: 61 3 9629 5200          Fax. 61 3 9629 8383