Cannot connect to Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Steffen Stellwag <Steffen.Stellwag_at_pcm.bosch.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:53:20 +0100

I'm running a local Oracle 7.3 Database on a laptop with NT 4.0 workstation

A can connect to SQLplus, Developer Tools installed onthe same machine without connect string
and they run pretty.

When connecting to OEM then message " Could not find local hostname" appears
and connect is not seuccesful.

I was told that i have to configure listener with TCP/IP, because OEM runs only with this protocol.

The problem is that I have no network adapter in my laptop., so i can not install TCP/IP correctly because NT searches for a Network adapter card and does not find any.

Thanks in advance for any solutions or workarounds

Steffen Stellwag Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 05:53:20 CST