Re: Cannot connect to Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Dan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:29:07 -0800

> I'm running a local Oracle 7.3 Database on a laptop with NT 4.0
> workstation
>
> A can connect to SQLplus, Developer Tools installed onthe same machine
> without connect string
> and they run pretty.
>
> When connecting to OEM then message " Could not find local hostname"
> appears
> and connect is not seuccesful.
>
> I was told that i have to configure listener with TCP/IP, because OEM
> runs only with this protocol.
>
> The problem is that I have no network adapter in my laptop., so i can
> not install TCP/IP correctly because NT searches for a Network adapter
> card and does not find any.
>
> Thanks in advance for any solutions or workarounds

Depending on what versions you have you may have two TNSNAMES.ORA files on your machine. One in \NETWORK\ADMIN, one in \NET80\ADMIN. If you do, make sure that both TNSNAMES files are identical.

If it is something else I would do a reinstall from scratch.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 12:29:07 CST