Re: ORDER BY clause without sorting needed...

From: <esiyuri_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:20:29 GMT

In article <AAAOdQb0pst_at_soft-review.kiev.ua>,   igoryok_at_soft-review.kiev.ua wrote:

> I got a following troubles: I wish that my query result set will be not
> sorted, but I with still have ORDER BY clause in it. Now I'm using 'ORDER
> BY -1' and following query example works fine:

Igor,

maybe I'm missing the point here, but if you don't want to sort the result set, why not just leave out the ORDER BY clause? If the SQL is being generated by some sort of tool that doesn't allow you to do this you could try using "ORDER BY NULL", which doesn't result in a sort.

I'm surprised that "ORDER BY -1" works at all... it looks like a bug to me.

> P.S. Duplicate answers (if any :( ) to my e-mail please...

Done.

--
Regards
Yuri McPhedran