Re: How to connect 2 instance?

From: Kirill Richine <krichine_at_radss.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:53:42 -0700

Violin wrote:
> If I have 2 instances on NT with 2
> services:OracleServiceORA1,OracleServiceORA2,
> and I don't want to set ORACLE_SID in REGEDIT)
You can set environment variable oracle_sid=ORA1 set oracle_sid=ORA1
sqlplus ....

> Is 1 Listener service enough?

Yes, it is, if you want to be able to connect to your two instances using sqlnet

> How to config the listener.ora?

at the end you will see something like
SID=ORCL...
you will need to change/add your ORA1 and ORA2 to that list.

> And how to start / stop each listener?
lsnrctl
set password oracle
start
stop

Thanks.
k& Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 17:53:42 CST