Ques: backup redo-log files to tape.

From: Jaf <jflores_at_nccsun2.ncc.ag.gov>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 20:23:02 -0600

This is a newbie question.
When you turn on ARCHIVELOG mode all redo logs are kept as files on the harddisk. On HPUX can i backup them up with "fbackup" and restore them with "frecover"? These are my normal backup utilities. In other words can i treat them like regular files that I backup and restore. I haven't actually tried restoring and using them. I'm asking because these files are all the same size and might be random access files or something. Thanks
flores_at_engr.ukans.edu Received on Mon Nov 09 1998 - 20:23:02 CST