Re: Performance degradation

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 00:34:51 GMT

Hi:

Just a thought, here. High variability in response times usually indicates a general level bottleneck. Things to check would be: SGA hit ratios, O/S paging, disk workload (ie. reads or writes/sec), CPU utilization, rollback contention, redo buffer contention, redo log disk hot-spot, checkpoints/logswitch, freelist contention, and all the myriad other latch contentions.

Good luck.

--
David C. Sisk
http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/ORACLEonNT.htm