Re: Closing a file left open by utl_file

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 09:13:34 GMT

On Tue, 03 Nov 1998 23:50:24 -0500, glennh <glennh_at_kw.igs.net> wrote:

>utl_file is used from a stored procedure to read an OS file (NT, Oracle
>8.0.4). The stored procedure (which was bathed off) does not close the
>file properly (fclose not called). The file is now locked in NT and
>cannot be moved, renamed, or deleted without rebooting the server. Is
>there a way to close this file from within Oracle or NT?

You don't have to reboot the server to close files opened by UTL_FILE. It is sufficient to close the session that opened the file with UTL_FILE.FOPEN (and didn't closed it with FCLOSE) and the file will be closed automaticaly.

>Thanks
>Glenn
>glennh_at_kw.igs.net

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 03:13:34 CST