Re: WEB:PL/SQL - How to execute TWO events on one buttonclick

From: Anita M Wilcox <amw_at_world.std.com>
Date: 1998/11/03

In article <3639DF91.85916922_at_webhost.co.za>, Rene <rene_at_webhost.co.za> wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I hope someone can help on this one, and if you can,
>please reply to rene_at_webhost.co.za
>

>PROBLEM:
>I would like for the application to ALSO send a SMTP-mail to Member-B,
>at the same time that Member-A sends the internal message. ie. I want
>Member-B to be notified via "normal" mail that a new message was sent to
>him, and he should then log into the application to retrieve the message
>that was sent to him from Member-A.
>
>So the question is HOW do I manage this on ONE form-submit-page. Right
>now the form-submit causes the message to be stored in an Oracle-table,
>but I cannot see how I can ALSO cause this submit to kick off the SMTP
>mail???

Take a look at Javascript. Use a function to invoke 2 scripts using the onClick event in the <FORM ACTION.....> tag. Take a look at Netscape or Microsoft for some details. Also, the Javascript FAQ is located at www.irt.org and will probably be the most help.

Anita Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST