Re: Hints on optimizing Oracle!

From: Murali Kazhipurath <murali_at_jps.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 12:59:22 -0800

You can find SQL*Net configuration files in the directory c:\orant\network\admin (assuming that c:\orant is your ORACLE_HOME). They have the extension .ORA.

Your hardware seems adequate. Now as far as you can tell, does your system swap memory? You may consider stopping unwanted services. Also, remove unwanted network protocols. Another thing to pay attention to is the order of precedence of the network protocols. Make sure that TCP/IP is top in the list.

Murali

<363c671a.12048064_at_read.news.globalnet.co.uk>...