Re: Oracle process is RWAST'd on VMS

From: Geoff Bryant <bryant_at_process.com>
Date: 1998/10/30

Bill Wine wrote:

> We run Oracle 7.3.3.4 on VMS 7.1 on an Alpha 4100.
>
> We shutdown the database (shutdown immediate), do a cold
> backup, and restart every night. About once a week, we
> find that the database shuts down, but does not release it's
> reserved memory. When this happens, I have noticed an RWAST'd
> Oracle shadow process on the system. We have to reboot to
> remove that process and restart Oracle.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bill

If you are running with Multinet, then this may be a known problem. There is apparently a workaround available. You should contact Oracle.

Geoff Bryant bryant_at_process.com
TCPware/Multinet Engineering
Process Software Corporation http://www.process.com/ 959 Concord St.
Framingham, MA 01701 USA Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST