WEB:PL/SQL - How to execute TWO events on one buttonclick

From: Rene <rene_at_webhost.co.za>
Date: 1998/10/30

Hi there,

I hope someone can help on this one, and if you can, please reply to rene_at_webhost.co.za

SCENARIO:

PROBLEM:
I would like for the application to ALSO send a SMTP-mail to Member-B, at the same time that Member-A sends the internal message. ie. I want Member-B to be notified via "normal" mail that a new message was sent to him, and he should then log into the application to retrieve the message that was sent to him from Member-A.

So the question is HOW do I manage this on ONE form-submit-page. Right now the form-submit causes the message to be stored in an Oracle-table, but I cannot see how I can ALSO cause this submit to kick off the SMTP mail???

Of course I can kick off the SMTP-mail with a PERL script, but I cannot call the perl-script as I would do a normal procedure call within PL/SQL, which implies that a second button-click would be needed to be clicked by Member-A, and I do not want to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Rene Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST