Re: Listner Problems (tcp)

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:30:49 +0200

mpir_at_compuserve.com wrote in message <71akib$246$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Over the years I have seen this happen in two generic situations-
>
>1-Network noise if seen on workstation
>2-Memory leak overwriting internal buffers, usually in os level.
>
>2 can usually be fixed with a restart.
>
>1 ???????

  1. Run a network sniffer and analyze the traffic.

We got a funny when doing it once. The client (or was it the server?) for some obscure and unknown reason set the FIN bit in one of the TCP packets carrying SQL*Net data. Of course that means that it's the end of that conversation.

Never knew what caused it. An upgrade ot two later to both client and server and the problem disappeared.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 01:30:49 CST