Re: Problem with moving Oracle

From: Alexey M. Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 30 Oct 1998 02:38:53 GMT

Andriy Galetski (andriy_at_trgz.lviv.ua) wrote:
: Hello Everybody,

: Everything working excellent until I move my ORACLE server
: from one disk drive to anather. I corectly change two mount points this way
: to keep all path correct.
: After that I set the owner for oracle tree:

: chown -R oracle:dba /oracle

: I start oracle server successfully, but my local users can not connect via
: IPC
: (when they use TCP connection established)

Try to shutdown database, then:
$ chmod 4751 /oracle/bin/oracle
and after start your database.

Regards,

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 20:38:53 CST