Re: stored procedure commit

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:52:49 GMT

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:35:39 -0800, "Winnie Liu" <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, Oracle will commit at the end of a stored procedure. But it is not a
>good practise for a programmer, they should commit the changes inside the
>procedure.

No, no... There is no such thing as implicit commit at the end of a stored PL/SQL procedure. When procedure ends the eventual transaction changes are not commited.

As Thomas Kyte mentioned, some tools/APIs have implicit commit on exit implemented, but it is (in most cases) an implicit commit on exit from this tool/API, not a commit on procedure exit.

>Winnie

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 03:52:49 CST